Queer Artists Now IS BACK
What is it?!
Queer Art(ists) Now, presented by and as part of And What? Queer. Arts. Festival is an annual open call platform/exhibition for contemporary, UK based, Queer artists and makers. For 2020 we are doubling the length of the exhibition to cover 9 days, over two weekends.
The exhibition Queer Art(ists) Now provide a snap-shot of what Queer artists are making right now; an insight into the thoughts, preoccupations, aesthetics, and politics of current queer art.
We are interested in the work YOU are making, the content and style of the exhibition is influenced by what you submit. So, whilst you are Queer the work does not necessarily have to represent this, but equally can.
The exhibition will present a kaleidoscope of your artistry, as a window on what the fuckery is going on. Queer Art(ists) Now is inclusive, democratic and accessible. As such the exhibition is, and will remain, un-themed, and content will not be censored or edited.
There is no entrance fee, but artists are asked to cover delivery/return of their work, and, any costs associated with specific presentation, (unless you are on hand to self-install).
We will select work from up to 50 artists work by a panel process. The exhibition will be presented pop-up, salon-style at Archive Gallery in Haggerston, London, between Friday 13th – Sunday 22nd March 2020.
A number of artists from the 2017 and 2018 exhibitions will be invited back with a small bursary and will part make-up the panel of selectors. This means work will be selected by your peers.
During the exhibition all work will be offered for sale with 100% of any sales returned to the artist. The cost of purchase is dictated by the artist (you).0
Important application information:
Queer Art(ists) Now will consider work in the following mediums: painting, drawing, illustration, craft, graphic design, photography, sculpture, video (shown as part of a video reel), and/or performance (please bear in mind there is no fee for performers and presentation needs, tech and such, are limited due to the space).
- applicants can submit between 1-3 pieces for consideration, panel will choose between 1-3 pieces to show
- There is no expectation as to the content of the work
- applicants should be based in the UK
- each piece, or collection of pieces, should include a short description of no more than 50 words
- work should be made within the last 12 months
- applications will only be accepted if received on a fully completed application form, no exceptions!
- the artist is responsible for delivery and return costs of work and any specific (out of the ordinary) installation costs
- all work will be for sale, the price of work will be decided by the artist and 100% of sales will be returned to the artist, by submitting you agree to your work being sold on your behalf.
- Applications open Tuesday 10th December 2019
- Applications close January 31st at 12:00
- Decisions communicated by February 14th 2020
- Work to be delivered *07-10th March 2020
- Work to be collected *Sunday 22nd March 2020
*Before applying please make sure you will be able to facilitate the delivery of the work in person or by post between 07th-10th March and collect or have it collected on Sunday 22nd March
Please note: If you should need the application form in another format due to access needs please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and we will try our hardest to support.